Skip to Content

What if I have other insurance coverage?

You must exhaust your rights under any other policy of insurance that might be available to pay your claim before obtaining coverage from the Nevada Insurance Guaranty Association.  NVIGA is entitled to a credit for the full limits of that policy.  For example, if you were in an automobile accident and you have uninsured motorists coverage with a solvent insurer, you must contact your agent to file a claim for your UM benefits.  If you have a claim for policy benefits in excess of the amount payable by NVIGA, you may present that claim to the receiver or the liquidator of the impaired insurer. Such claims will be payable only to the extent that there are sufficient company assets remaining to pay them.

faq | by Dr. Radut